How to make owl cake pops
Here’s a handy guide to creating your own super-cute owl cake pops. Serve them up at your next gathering, or anytime you want to wow your guests with some beautiful bite-sized treats.
- 1 baked, unfrosted chocolate sheet cake (bake cake from a mix or ask grocery store bakery to give you a plain one)
- 1 can dark chocolate frosting
- cake pop sticks
- 16 oz Candiquick chocolate candy coating
- Licorice Allsorts (for eyes)
- pumpkin seeds (for feathers)
- candy corn tips (for beaks)
- twigs (optional)
- Crumble baked sheet cake into large mixing bowl and add chocolate frosting to cake, knead until frosting and cake form dough-like consistency.
- Form dough into 1″ balls and place on wax paper lined tray, freeze 30 minutes to an hour.
- Melt candy coating per package directions and insert candy stick into each cake ball.
- Dip cake ball into candy coating until completely covered and place on tray with the sticks facing sideways, allow coating to cool and harden.
- Use candy coating to apply candy eyes, beaks and seed feathers. Allow candy coating to cool and harden completely
- Remove candy stick and replace with twigs for a beautiful presentation.
posted in our recipe series