peanut butter and jelly sand’witch’
Magically transform the plain old PB&J into an eye-grabbing Halloween treat with this simple recipe and DIY crafting project.
Add some kid-friendly fun to your next Halloween bash with these spooky peanut butter and jelly sand’witch’es. Made with nothing more than PB&Js, felt fabric and pipe cleaners, this is one tasty crafting project.
What You’ll Need
- Black and green felt fabrics
- Orange pipe cleaners
- Hot glue gun and glue
- White bread
- Peanut butter
Let’s Do It
- Cut black felt into two circles (both 4.5″ in diameter).
- Cut a slit to the center of one circle, and then overlap the cut edges to form the top of the hat. If desired, trim the hat’s bottom edge to the desired height, and then hot glue the overlap seam.
- Glue the hat’s top to the center of the other felt circle using a glue gun.
- Trim a piece of pipe cleaner to fit around the hat’s base; attach it using a glue gun.
- Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and fashion into a bow; attach bow to the top of the hat using a glue gun.
- Create legs by rolling up two rectangles of colored felt and gluing the seam.
- Add strips of black felt for stripes; attach using glue gun.
- Cut out two pieces of black felt in the shape of witch’s shoes and glue together. For the buckle, cut green felt into a small rectangle; fold rectangle in half lengthwise and cut out a small square starting at the fold; unfold and cut in half at the fold; glue the buckle pieces to the tops of the witch’s shoes.
- Hot-glue the shoes to the legs.
- Trim crusts from bread and cut into 4-inch squares; spread one side with peanut butter, then jelly; top with a plain square.
- Repeat for the desired number of sand-witches.
- Stack the Sand Witches on a cake platter, top with a hat; stick one leg out of each side.