DIY easter egg basket
An empty egg carton, twigs, and moss is all you'll need to craft an inexpensive, natural looking Easter egg basket.
Kids of all ages will love this super-simple Easter crafting project.
What You’ll Need
- Empty egg carton
- 3 Twigs- two of equal length and one that is the same length of your egg carton (these will be the handles on your basket)
- Jute twine
- Faux or preserved natural moss (available at craft stores)
- Glue gun (or wood glue)
Let’s Do It!
- Break apart desired amount of moss and use hot glue to cover the 3 twigs with moss, and let dry
- Use scissors to carefully cut the lid off of your egg carton
- Using your twigs for correct sizing, cut out a slit on each side of the egg carton
- Take 2 twigs of equal length and carefully glue in place on each side of the egg carton
- Add glue to the top of the two twigs that are attached to the egg carton and carefully set the last twig on top, gluing the handle top to the sides
- Wrap the corners of the handles into place with jute twine, for added strength and a finished look