how to create paper mache table decorations
Use balloons and brightly colored origami paper to create paper mache eggs for your Easter centerpiece.
A beautifully crafted spring centerpiece is essential for the Easter table. We fell in love with the idea of origami paper mache because of their vibrant hues, brilliant texture and malleability for the project. Mix and match the origami papers to construct paper mache eggs for displaying your favorite spring florals.
What You’ll Need
- Mod Podge (Matte)
- Origami Paper
- Craft sponge brush
- Small plastic plant liner(s)
Let’s Do It
- Blow up balloons
- Cut origami paper into 1 ½ x 3 inch strips
- Use craft sponge brush and apply generous coat of Mod Podge to balloon. Attach origami paper until 2/3 of balloon is covered
- Add additional layer of Mod Podge over origami paper
- Set balloon aside to dry overnight
- Pop balloon and place plant liner or miniature vase inside paper mache egg
- Insert small plastic plant liner to display potted flowers or small bunch of flowers within paper mache egg