How to make Cheerios sheep snacks
This recipe is simple, fun, a little sticky, and great to make with your kids!
Learn how to make Cheerios sheep snacks for your next party or just for fun!
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1⅓ cups mini marshmallows (plus a few additional for assembly)
- 2 cups of either multi-grain or chocolate Cheerios (depending on desired sheep’s color)
- 6 White and dark chocolate covered almonds (or Whoppers if you don’t like nuts)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken in half (Makes 24 legs)
- Place a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium low heat and melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir just until melted.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups of Cheerios and mix until the cereal is evenly coated in marshmallow.
- Spoon out 1 heaping tablespoon of cereal mixture mold into an egg like shape using lightly greased hands. While the mixture is able to be shaped, make an indentation where the head and legs will be placed on the body. (Use an extra almond and pretzel to make the exact size indentation that will be needed, noting that about half of the almond and half the length of the pretzel will need to be embedded into the body for them to remain in place after they have been adhered with the melted chocolate.)
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave to use as glue. (This should only take a few seconds.)
- Apply small amount of melted chocolate to the ends of the almonds and pretzels and press them into the indentations that were made in the body. Allow the chocolate to set.
- For the ears, cut mini marshmallows into small pieces and use melted chocolate to glue them on top of head.
- For the eyes, dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and add two dots to face.
More from our partners