disposable dilemma—set a stylish table with single-use bamboo dishes
Paper or plastic? For years, anyone looking to host a party using disposable serving ware had only these two options. But now with the introduction of eco-friendly bamboo dinnerware, at-home entertainers really can have it all—simple cleanup in a super-stylish package.
Whip up your own version of this elegant table setting
Keep these tips in mind:
- Start with a table cloth/table runner made with natural-looking materials and colors.
- Don’t think you have to use exclusively bamboo dinnerware.
- Instead combine the bamboo with traditional plates and placemats to create a charmingly eclectic look.
- Make it easy on guests at an informal cocktail gathering by pre-setting bamboo silverware and disposable napkins in craft paper cones.
- For a sit-down, complement your place setting with a soft-textured and natural-looking napkin, whether it’s linen or a cloth-like paper product.
- For the finishing touch, sprinkle in something playful such as a place card made from a mini booze bottle tagged with a name card or a writeable sticker.