Try some super-foods that are super delicious and super good for you! Our super healthy kale quinoa patties recipe is a scrumptious substitute for rubbery-tasting veggie patties. We cannot begin to express the utter deliciousness of this recipe without you trying it for yourself. Quinoa—which tastes like a cross between brown rice and oatmeal—combined with fresh kale, yellow onion, chives and Parmesan cheese is sure to rock your taste buds!
Quinoa, pronounced keen-wah, is the star ingredient for this recipe. It cooks quickly—only requiring about 5–10 minutes—has the highest protein content of all the grains and is gluten-free. Score!
These patties are great served alongside a fresh salad, but we’re anxious to try them for breakfast! We’re thinking with a fried egg and a nest of hash browns. Delish!
healthy kale quinoa patties recipe
- 2½ cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 cups kale, cleaned, deveined, chopped very small
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup finely ground bread crumbs (use gluten free breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus more for frying
- Combine quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, chives and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium heat then sweat onions and garlic, approximately 3 minutes. Add kale to skillet and cook until kale is bright green and soft.
- Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Place clean skillet on medium heat and add enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Form patties using ½ cup of quinoa mixture and place patties in skillet being careful not to splash hot oil or overcrowd the pan. Fry until golden brown on each side, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Remove patties, drain on paper towel and serve.