These doily pressed lemon rosemary sugar cookie recipe may look intricate, but they’re actually easy to make!
A hint of rosemary and lemon is a welcome and tasty surprise.
lemon rosemary sugar cookies recipe
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon juice and egg in large mixing bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, lemon zest and rosemary until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place doily on lightly floured surface, dust top with flour. Form 1" balls with dough then press dough ball on top of lightly floured doily to about ¼" thick. Gently peel back doily and place dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough
- Bake for 7-8 minutes; let cool. Dust lightly with powdered sugar and enjoy!