If you’ve signed up to host the bridal shower, these stunning bridal shower cupcakes are sure to leave an impression. We used store-bought cupcakes, icing and Nutter Butter cookies, so you can spend your time on pretty cupcake decorating rather than baking!
These cupcakes might appear complicated at first glance, but it’s actually a series of very simple steps. You can get as simple as you like—the bride will know you put love and effort into the finished product either way.
Start by dipping (ahem, and taste testing) the Nutter Butters in white chocolate then set aside to cool. Add a dollop of store-bought frosting to the top of each cupcake and spread evenly to create a sturdy base. Then ice the cupcakes using a piping bag, create the cookie bridal bodice and decorate!
bridal shower cupcakes recipe
- 1 dozen cupcakes, baked but not frosted
- 5–6 cups white icing
- 1 bag white chocolate melts
- 12 Nutter Butter Cookies
- assorted dragees (metallic balls you see on holiday sugar cookies) and decorations
- Spread 2 tsp of icing over each cupcake as a base layer, just to cover the top of the cake entirely. While this step is optional, it will help cover those areas that wouldn’t otherwise be covered when you pipe icing onto the cupcake.
- Place chocolate melts into a small microwave-safe bowl (or measuring cup) then heat in microwave according to directions on the package. Stir until completely smooth and melted. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper then dip each Nutter Butter into the white chocolate, covering about ¾ of the length of the cookie. Tap lightly to remove excess chocolate and scrape chocolate off of the back of the cookie—the back will not be seen. Lay each cookie on prepared parchment paper then refrigerate cookies to set chocolate. If the pattern from the cookie shows through, you may have to double dip the cookies.
- Fit a piping bag with a round writing tip (Ateco #3 or Wilton #3) then fill bag with remaining white chocolate. If the chocolate has begun to harden, just warm it for a few seconds in the microwave before adding it to the piping bag. When the chocolate on the cookies has set, remove from the refrigerator then pipe the outline of a bodice onto each cookie. Next, use the icing to adhere any dragees, flowers or decorations that you have chosen, then return cookie bodices to the fridge to set completely.
- Fit a piping bag with your choice of a large round tip (Ateco #808 or Wilton #2A), large star tip (Ateco #829 or Wilton #8B), or petal tip (Ateco #126 or Wilton #103). Pipe each cupcake as needed to create the desired look of the skirt.
- Press one cookie into the center of the icing of each cupcake, as deep as necessary to create a proportional look. Refrigerate to set icing then serve to an adoring crowd. Enjoy!