Make super fun DIY wooden block dolls with printable people and Tacky Glue
Forget the alphabet blocks and make fun DIY wooden block dolls instead! A free printable of six different boys and girls will be cut out and adhered to each side of small blocks using Tacky Glue. This is one DIY that can easily become a family affair with a little supervision.
The kids can match faces and outfits for a fun ‘same and opposite’ lesson, or mix things up with hilarious combinations. Kids will learn and play at the same time without even knowing it!
When it comes to gift giving, you’ll be hard pressed to find one that’s more original and inexpensive where block dolls are concerned. Look for similar ones online and you’ll be out a small fortune!
- CherylStyle wooden block doll printable
- Tacky Glue
- small sponge brush
- 6 – 2" blocks
- Download the CherylStyle wooden block doll printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print and cut out the printable where indicated using an X-acto knife. Separate the cutouts into 3 piles of heads, shirts and pants/shoes for girls and 3 piles of heads, shirts and pants/shoes for boys. All girl heads will go on one block, all girl shirts on another block and all girl pants/shoes on a third block. It’ll be the same for the boys as well.
- Begin by applying Tacky Glue on 1 side of a block, using a small sponge brush to paint on an even layer. Choose one pile, select a cutout and smooth it onto 1 side of the glued block. Turn it over face down then trim excess paper by running an X-acto knife along the sides of the block.
- Repeat with cutouts from the same pile then go on to the next. Continue the process until all cutouts have been adhered to the blocks.
- After all cutouts have been glued onto the wooden blocks, paint Tacky Glue over the top and sides of each block, leaving 1 side dry to prevent the block from sticking to your work surface. Once the glue has dried, apply a coat to the last side.
- Allow the blocks to dry overnight then play!
More from our partners