DIY New Year’s Eve party poppers make fun party favors
New Year’s Eve is one time it’s okay for the kids to make noise. Let them have some extra fun with our DIY new year’s eve party poppers!
Ten upcycled toilet paper rolls will make five large party crackers, so if you’re having a crowd over be sure to have plenty available.
Silver metallic giftwrap and a hot glue gun will get you started on this easy project. Just follow our easy instructions then watch as the confetti explodes with an unexpected loud pop.
Don’t worry about the mess—it’s nothing a sweeper can’t handle. If you’re a neat freak, then substitute small treats for the confetti—then the kids will be sure to clean it up!
- 10 empty 5" toilet paper rolls
- silver metallic giftwrap
- hot glue gun and glue
- 10 party poppers or 5 cracker snaps
- 1 bag confetti
- thin black ribbon
- 5 – 4" x 6" pieces black glitter card stock
- CherylStyle DIY new year’s party poppers printable
- CherylStyle DIY new year's party poppers illustration
- 2 pieces white translucent paper
- glue dots
- Cut 5 toilet paper rolls into 1½" pieces.
- Cut 16" x 8" piece of giftwrap.
- Center a 5" toilet paper roll horizontally on giftwrap and glue.
- Download the CherylStyle DIY new year's party poppers illustraion and open in Adobe Reader.
- Measure 2" from each end of toilet paper roll, then draw lines as shown.
- Cut 1" slits into paper between 5" toilet paper roll and drawn lines.
- Place and glue one 1½" cut piece of toilet paper roll between each end of 5" roll and drawn lines, keeping all rolls aligned.
- Place small drop of hot glue inside both 1½" pieces of toilet paper roll.
- Quickly place string of party popper in glue.
- Place small drop of hot glue inside 5" toilet paper roll.
- Hot glue plastic end of party popper inside 5" toilet paper roll (if you’re using a cracker snapper, glue ends of cracker snap to ends of 1½" toilet paper rolls).
- Wrap toilet paper rolls in giftwrap and hot glue to secure.
- Glue 1 end of giftwrap to seal poppers shut.
- Tie 1 end of party popper with black ribbon where slits are located.
- Hold party popper with open end up and pour confetti inside, tie with black ribbon.
- Cut 4" x 6" piece of card stock and glue to middle of party popper.
- Download the CherylStyle DIY New Year’s party poppers printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print happy new year logo onto translucent paper.
- Cut logo to 3" x 6" and adhere to middle of card stock with glue dots.
- Repeat steps to create 4 more party crackers.
- Have two people hold ends of party poppers, give a good tug then throw confetti.
More from our partners