DIY hula hoop obstacle course pool game
If you’re looking for a fun, active (and affordable) way to entertain the kids this summer, why not turn your pool, or any pool, into a Hula Hoop Hoopla?
As the name suggests, all you need are hula hoops, a couple of waterproof weights and some rope, and you are ready to whip together a super-cool underwater obstacle course that will keep your kids zooming, diving and splashing for hours on end.
how to create this obstacle course pool game
what you’ll need
- hula hoops–no frills, old-school is the way to go here
- waterproof weights–rubberized 3- and 5-pound dumbbells are great, avoid rust-prone iron
- nylon rope–colored or striped rope works best because it stands out against the white pool walls
- swimming pool
let’s do it
1. Start by cutting your rope into sections measuring approximately 2–3 feet each. You’ll need to customize the rope lengths based on the dimensions of your pool. The key is to leave enough room for the rope to stretch from the bottom of the pool, and then hold a hula hoop upright but still submerged under the water.
2. Tie one end of the rope to a weight and the other around a hula hoop and place it into the water. Repeat until you have created an underwater obstacle course. Now you can kick back and watch the kids have a blast as they explore your Hula Hoop Hoopla.
3. Just be sure to always watch your kids around water! And don’t forget to remove the hoops and weights from the pool after you’re done.