Made with star shaped cookie cutters, stack them up to make a sugar cookies Christmas tree.
This is one Christmas tree you won’t have to worry about taking down after the holidays.
stacked sugar cookies Christmas tree
- Make sugar cookie dough and cut into star shapes (you'll need approximately 5 each of 5 different size stars per tree, depending on how tall you want your tree).
- Bake cookies per recipe instructions and let cool completely then ice cookies with glaze.
- While glaze is still wet, sprinkle cookies with green edible glitter and add edible sugar balls to each point of the stars. Allow icing to harden, about 30 minutes.
- To assemble the tree, stack the 5 largest cookies, offsetting each slightly then repeat with progressively smaller groups of cookies.
- Use icing to secure a white candy star to the top of the tree, if desired.