The best thing is that they’re easy to make, extremely affordable and you won’t find them in any store. Use our printables or sketch and cut out your own design then follow instructions to make the cutest little owl or fox you’ve ever seen!
Felt’s the perfect material for these appliques—it’s soft and adheres with HeatnBond in literally seconds. Just whip out scissors and an iron and you’ll have a DIY that makes a creative, one-of-a-kind last minute gift.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
how to make animal baby booties
- CherylStyle Animal Baby Booties printable
- pencil or marker
- HeatnBond fabric adhesive
- baby socks (we used 3–6 month size)
- Download the CherylStyle animal baby booties printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print and cut out desired pattern where indicated. Trace each piece onto felt using a pencil or marker then cut out.
- Preheat iron to medium heat, no steam. Place adhesive on the back of the felt pattern to be bonded—paper liner should face up. Press and hold iron on the paper liner for a few seconds then allow it to cool.
- Trim off excess paper and any strands then peel off backing.
- Bond the two eye pieces for each eye together by ironing one onto the other.
- Place each of the remaining felt pieces, adhesive side down, onto the body in the appropriate places. Press and hold iron approximately 8 seconds until it has bonded to the body.
- Now place your applique onto the socks and iron into place along with the bottom piece.
- That’s all there is to it!